Audience feedback of rough cut

My rough cut was shown to my media class. Overall, people responded well to my rough cut and mentioned how they were pleased with the outcom...

My rough cut was shown to my media class. Overall, people responded well to my rough cut and mentioned how they were pleased with the outcome. They all agreed that I could make the shots focusing on the phone screens darker so the text would be easier to read. It also worried me whether the audience could understand the storyline of my plot but I gathered from their responses that they did.
In order to receive feedback on how to improve me rough cut further for my final cut, I showed my rough cut to individual people.

Some feedback I received for one of the viewers, was that the sound proved to be a slight issue towards the end of the rough cut. I was aware of this problem to begin with and I know I will aim to sort it out for my final cut. They also mentioned how the end scenes after Millie unlocks the front door were not needed. I can see how doing this would give me more time to include idents and such. The last piece of feedback I received from this person was to perhaps include a transition effect after the scene of Poly putting down her phone and before the long shot of Polly and Liam sitting in the restaurant.

I asked my good friend Abbey what they thought about my rough cut. Abbey did not give me much feedback apart from sorting out the errors I already noticed e.g. the difference of lighting/contrast between the shots of Polly on the phone and her looking down at a notification from Liam. Apart from that, Abbey really liked my opening and thought it was very good.

Similar to Abbey's feedback, my teacher said that my opening was very good and it did not need to be altered to a great extent. He disagreed with the suggestion of inserting a transition effect, as he liked how it abruptly jumped from one scene to the other because he thinks its good to challenge typical film conventions. The only thing he mentioned what I should have done whilst filming the burglary scene, was to only reveal Millie's identity when she unlocked the front door. However, I mentioned how I attempted to create a sense of astonishment after the few-seconds shot of Polly's address when Millie turned on the light in the car. My teacher forgot about the phone shot and then understood what it was attempting to achieve.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images