Evaluation Question 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you think you have learnt in the progression from it to your main product? Preliminary T...

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you think you have learnt in the progression from it to your main product?



Preliminary Task



2 minute AS Opening - 'Deluded' 




Considering I was acting in my Preliminary task, I did not have the role of filming and editing the video. Therefore, it is difficult to compare my Preliminary task to my 2 Minute Opening to some extent as the task does not show my level of skill in actually creating it. However, I do think that I have learnt a lot since my group's Preliminary Task. One of the most obvious improvements is that we all realised how important it is to use a tripod when attempting to film a still shot. I made sure I had a tripod with me at every location when filming the scenes in my film opening. The editing was also very basic in my Preliminary task so I feel as though my group and I have come very far since then. For instance, our Preliminary task was not edited properly, as you can still hear our cast saying 'Go!'. I certainly now know how to cut shots to a precise extent, as well as adding in effects and music. Our Preliminary task also emphasised how important it is to plan casting in advance as it was very stressful for us to find suitable actors in the time given - so much so that I had to volunteer to act! For my film opening I got as many people as I could to audition for the roles available, which made it easier for me to decide who were most suited to play my characters. I also think that I have learnt different camera angles and the important effect they have on the overall video & audience since creating my Preliminary Task. This is because me nor my group had any prior knowledge of different camera shots and angles - in comparison to my film opening, I think that I have included a range of different camera shot positions in the 2 minutes of footage. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images