Attracting my target audience

Despite having a brief idea of the genre and content of my film opening, I know that it's target audience will refer to teenagers around...

Despite having a brief idea of the genre and content of my film opening, I know that it's target audience will refer to teenagers around my age - possibly between 15-20 years old. This is because I know my film will eventually contain graphic images and a shocking turning point that may be unsuitable for younger audiences. It will also be aimed at people who like dramas/thrillers, conspiracies and enigmas, which therefore implies that younger audiences may not understand the background of my opening. Overall, my film opening will aim to attract anyone within my recommended age group who likes films that are out of the ordinary and have a unique storyline.

There are various ways which I can attract my target audience to see my opening, or perhaps the whole film if I was intending to create it. If so, I would design posters portraying the key character, title and ratings and ask local shops, services and my school whether they could be placed in windows and on notice boards. In order to aim my target audience, I would design my posters to look dark and mysterious to match my deliberate genre.  I would also create a short trailer that would include the most significant/memorable parts of my film, and publish it on social media. However, as I am creating a film opening, I would publicise it on social networks and ask my friends and family to watch it and give me feedback.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images