My idea so far...

I found thinking of an idea for my film opening that is unique and expresses my inner creativity, a challenge to do. I knew that I wanted to...

I found thinking of an idea for my film opening that is unique and expresses my inner creativity, a challenge to do. I knew that I wanted to work on my own as I wanted to be in control of everything. Despite knowing that it would be near enough impossible to come out with an idea that hasn't been done before, I wanted to base my opening off an idea that was out of the ordinary and was not easy to quickly think about. I also wanted to base it upon realistic/true happenings. However, I knew early in the academic year that I wanted my opening to be a horror or a drama/arthouse film. The horror genre attracted to me so I could express my creativity with fx makeup. However, the drama/arthouse genres appealed to me more as I wanted to address a realistic issue. I jotted down words/thoughts which would somehow lead to a substantial idea for my opening (e.g school, employment, death). I found it difficult to come up with anything convincing within the horror genre, so I decided to focus on dramas instead. I thought a technological route may result to an effective opening plot, so I came up with two brief but considerable ideas. They were:

1) Relating to a hacker within school. My opening would be a flashback, focusing on how a girl's life changed when an anonymous individual hacked into her social media accounts and deeply affected with her relationship with her classmates and her friends.

2) A girl goes on a date with a man she knew from an online dating app, called Tinder. However, she does not realise that she's been the victim of robbery, when the man contacts one of her friends whilst the girl is distracted to give a signal to rob her house. 

I decided to continue with the second idea, as I liked the idea of a plot twist and a cliff hanger within the first 2 minutes of my film, as this would attract my audience to continue watching. I also think that it would be easier to bring together/film because I only need 3 characters, and 2 of the 3 locations would be set outside and inside a house. Dialogue would be vital for this idea as its important for my audience to understand what is happening/what will happen. Therefore, I feel as though the outcome of this idea would be great if I manage to film/edit it successfully. I will possibly use music in some areas, especially towards the end to create suspense. I will not be breaking the 4th wall in my opening as I aim to maintain it to a realistic standard. Narration is also not necessary as the girl would be talking to her friend about the man and their date at the beginning. I am not too sure what specific shots I will be including yet, but I know I want to include a variety to gain high marks. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images