Plot Synopsis

Characters: I haven't created the names of my characters yet, but I know my opening will only include 3 characters - 'Girl 1', ...

Characters: I haven't created the names of my characters yet, but I know my opening will only include 3 characters - 'Girl 1', 'Girl 2' and 'Girl 1's date'.

Locations: For my film opening, I only need to film in 3 locations - in the bedrooms of the 2 female characters, the outside of Girl 1's house, and at a restaurant. 

Props/objects: 1 or more mobile phones, a key, drinks at the restaurant, makeup for the shots of Girl 1 getting ready for her date. 

Music: I am not too sure what songs/genres of music I will include in my film opening, yet I have a more accurate idea of the scenes I will include music in. 

Plot Outline

My film opening will start with Girl 1 and Girl 2 having a discussion over the phone about how Girl 1 has been speaking to a guy over a dating app called Tinder, and their date in the evening. She will be expressing her excitement to her friend about how she cannot wait to finally meet him. 
Half way between their call, Girl 1 receives a notification from her date asking if he is still picking her up at 7 and for her address. Before replying to his text, Girl 1 abruptly mentions to Girl 2 that she needs to end the call to finish her English essay. The camera will be angled to her phone screen of her replying back to her date her address. 
After this, there will be a couple of time-lapsed shots of Girl 1 getting ready and applying fancy makeup. She will be looking directly at the camera as if its a mirror.
The doorbell rings and Girl 1 hurries down the stairs and opens the front door. There, her date is standing and holding a bunch of flowers for her. Girl 1 says thank you, and forgettably says something along the lines of "Oh, I need to leave a key out underneath the plant pot because Mum has left hers at work and will be arriving home from her friends whilst I'm out". She locks the front door, places the spare keys underneath a plant pot and her and girl 1's date walk to his car. 
The next scene will be focusing on the pair's date in a restaurant. They will be having drinks and exchanging dialogue. Whilst they are talking, Girls 1's date will be discretely looking at his phone underneath the table and texting someone else. The camera will then zoom in an focus on his phone screen of him typing the address of Girl 1's house and how the front door key is underneath the plant pot.
The scene will then change to Girl 2 sitting in a car outside Girl 1's house. She will be texting Girl 1's date about how she is just about to break in. She gets out of car, finds the key underneath the plant pot and unlocks the front door.
The shots will then switch back to the pair's date and Girl 1's date looking at Girl 2's text. The camera will capture his hidden guilt, but he is quickly distracted by Girl 1 raising her glass to celebrate.


Where would the rest of my film go if I was to make the whole film?




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images