Character Casting

Character casting As my film opening is a thriller/drama, it is based around a serious and realistic concept, that can happen in an area ...

Character casting

As my film opening is a thriller/drama, it is based around a serious and realistic concept, that can happen in an area like mine. This means that  the cast members I have asked to audition (shown below) relate to the characters they may be playing - either through how I imagined my characters to look like, or through their comparable personalities. I feel as though this will help them act as their characters better. Therefore, I have based some areas of the characters' personas around their final actors. 

Millie Prescott

Zoé Desgland 













Issy Evans 













I feel as though Zoe and Issy would both suit the role of Millie Prescott. They have both had prior acting experience before as they both did GCSE Drama.  Therefore, I think that they will be better at acting as Millie in the burglar scene than someone who has never acted, as it is important they act sly and cautious. 

Final actress for Millie Prescott  - Zoe Desgland

By Zoe going through the script, I could instantly tell she would be great for the role. She was fantastic at revealing Millie's emotions through the ways she presented her body language and the tone of her voice. I feel as though Zoé suited the appearance of Millie Prescott more accurately. As Issy does not attend the same school as me and is often busy, it was challenging to find a time when Issy could run through the script. Additionally, Issy is also on holiday around the period of time I need to film my opening, which makes availability a lot more difficult to plan.

Polly Edwards

Charlotte Bennett













Maria Louise Page













Yasmin Briddon













I decided to choose these three actors to audition for Polly Edward's role as I feel as though they would all be able to capture Polly's persona through the script. She is a enthusiastic and sweet character, yet she is also naive. I also chose these 3 people as I think that they physically suit Polly's role, yet I feel as though they all relate to her in different ways. For instance, Charlotte's appearance is exactly how I imagined Polly to look like, Maria is how I imagined Polly to speak/come across, And Yasmin's body language/facial expressions reflect Polly's shyness. 

Final Actress for Polly Edwards - Charlotte Bennett

I strongly feel as though the actress for Polly Edwards had to look as though they would visually match with Liam Chapman's actor. I had to see which actress would look 'good' with Liam's actor, in order for my opening to look more realistic/natural. Because of this, I decided to select Charlotte to play Polly Edwards. I also noticed through the script run though for Polly Edwards, was Charlotte presenting Polly's enthusiasm and innocence better than the other auditions. Availability was also an important factor to consider. Charlotte lives a walking distance from my house so it could be more flexible to film her parts. Yasmin lives a 25 minute drive from Wymondham and she is on holiday during the time period I need to film my film opening, so despite that she would've made a good Polly, she is unavailable to access the shooting schedules. 

Liam Chapman

John Mcilroy (Final actor)














It was hard for me to find a male actor who was willing to play Liam Chapman. This is because I do not have many male friends, so my options on who to cast was limited. If I was incredibly stuck then I would have asked other boys to audition, but John was happy to act as Liam. I also feel as though he suited the role and Liam's name well. John also has lots of availability to it will not be too difficult for him to make shooting schedules. It also took me by surprise when John went through the script and how well he played his part and exposed the Character's voice and emotions.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images