Character Costumes

In my film opening, my characters will be wearing the following costumes for certain scenes: Scene 1: Phone call scene - Casual clothing ...

In my film opening, my characters will be wearing the following costumes for certain scenes:

Scene 1: Phone call scene - Casual clothing

Polly: Green Turtleneck top, blue jeans, glasses

I feel as though these choice of clothes & colours reflects Polly's persona and her interests and exposes her creative style. The plainness of her overall outfit resembles Polly's innocence and purity, as well as not following the latest fashion trends and being girly. 

Millie: T-Shirt, skater skirt, tights

Millie's fashion sense is a typical teenager style. This assists the realism of my film opening as I want my characters to be dressed in common outfits, yet at the same time I want their costumes to reflect their personalities. Therefore, I decided to dress Millie in a ordinary manner as Millie is a character who has nothing exactly original about her. 

Scene 2: Polly and Liam's date - Smart Wear

Polly: Dress, leather jacket, Dr Martens

As Polly is going on a date, I thought it is necessary for her to wear something more fancy for a special occasion. Therefore, I feel as though wearing a dress is a good option. I am not fussy about the design of the dress and I will choose from a selection at Charlotte's house when it comes to shooting. I also think that it would be good for Polly to wear a leather Jacket and Dr Martens. This will help to preserve the disclosure of her persona and indie clothing style, yet still looking nicely dressed at the same time. It is important for both of the characters in this scene to not over dress, as it only a first date at a pub between teenagers. 

Liam: Blazer, red checkered shirt, jeans

Liam will also be dressed smartly for this occasion. His costume will also help to create a sense of romance as its smartness will show he is being serious about this date. His red checkered shirt, on the other hand, will help to create a casual setting in between the two characters also. It can also be mentioned that the colour of his shirt foreshadows the happenings towards the end of the opening, as if he is being signified as danger. 


Scene 3: The break in

Millie: Hoodie, jeans, mask (not compulsory) 

Millie will be wearing rather casual clothes for the robbery, as if she was wearing something too stereotypical then it would be obvious she is a robber. Local people nearby may assume she is just a member of the household. However, a hoodie is vital to be worn for this scene as it can easily shadow her face. As I would prefer  not to buy a mask for this occasion, it depends whether if any of the cast members own a mask. If so, Millie can wear one for this scene. However, its use depends on what the mask is portraying.  If it is something too outrageous then it may look more suspicious that Millie is breaking into a household.

How am I sourcing these?

All these costumes will be sourced from the actors' own wardrobes.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images