Final Locations

Final Locations For my final locations, It is conducted that I will be using the inside and outside of my friend Charlotte's house (w...

Final Locations

For my final locations, It is conducted that I will be using the inside and outside of my friend Charlotte's house (who plays Polly in my film opening) and at the Bird in Hand restaurant in Wreningham. 

After I gathered my location research of different pubs/restaurants, I narrowed my options down  to 1 location which I would contact first - the others would be back ups. I thought about the pro's and con's of each location for my film opening. I like the atmosphere of the Robert Kett Pub, but I feel as though it is aimed more towards families than couples. The Railway station cafe serves great food and allows customers to experience a unique train carriage setting, but I feel as though it is not realistically suited for a first date and somewhere to have dinner. The Green Dragon and The Feathers both portray historical character, but I feel as though my characters would prefer to eat somewhere more modern and romantic. Therefore, this leads to the Bird in Hand to be my first Choice. It is one of my favourite restaurants, implying that my personal experiences of its service and ambience reflects my suggestion of it suiting my desired purpose. 




I will also be using the inside and the outside of Charlotte's house. It will be used for filming the phone call between Polly and Millie, Liam knocking on Polly's door, and Millie breaking into her house. I feel as though Charlotte's house would be a good location to film in because each of the rooms in her house look different. They need to look this way so my opening will look as though Millie and Polly are in different houses/their own homes. I also feel as though Charlotte's bedroom represents Polly's character well.



How does the setting you are planning on using help construct a mise-en-scene?

The Bird in hand helps to construct a mise-en-scene I am aiming to address in my opening. It's artificial and low-intensity lightning creates a sense of intimacy, and as if the date is happening at night time. The location of a restaurant also helps to create a theme of romance between the two characters. However, as the audience will eventually find out, this will not be the case.

The setting of using Charlotte's house to capture a phone call between two characters also helps to construct a thriller mise-en-scene. This is because I am aiming for my opening to look as realistic as possible, therefore the majority of phone calls between two teenagers usually occur within their bedrooms/homes. Thrillers are usually based around serious occurrences/narratives, therefore I think that using these locations suit their purposes well.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images