Script first draft

This is the first draft of my film opening's script. This means that character directions and dialogue have not been finalised and sound...

This is the first draft of my film opening's script. This means that character directions and dialogue have not been finalised and sound quite messy. My final script will be written after I have received feedback from friends for my first script draft.

Scene 1: On the Phone


Girl 1: Oh, by the way! One more thing just before I go...

*slight pause*

Well... I'm going on a date this evening at the _______!

*Slight Pause*

I know right!?

*Slight Pause*

No, no, its not with him! His name is _______ and I knew him from Tinder!

Girl 2: Aww _____ I'm so happy for you! I hope it goes well! Is this the first time you're meeting him?

Girl 1: Yes it is! I'm quite nervous but he's good at holding conversation so I think it will be fine!

Girl 2: I would be nervous too but I hope it goes as expected!

Girl 1: Thank you ___ I'll keep you posted what happens.

*Message on Ipad/Laptop of Girl 1's date asking "Am I still picking you up at 7? Otherwise can you send me your address? x"*

I need to finish my essay now, so I'll speak to you soon!

Girl 2: Okay, good luck! Bye!

Girl 1: Bye!

Next Scene: Girl 1's date rings her doorbell and she opens the front door

At the same time: Hello! 

Girl 1's date:  Are you ready to go?

Girl 1: Erm.... oh wait! Let me just get the spare keys!

Girl 1's Date: Ok!

*Girl 1 walks off for a minute, comes back with the keys, closes & locks the front door*

Girl 1's date: Why do you need the spare keys?

Girl 1: My mum will be back from seeing Nan at 9, so I need to leave the spare key underneath the plant plot out for her!

Girl 1's Date: Fair enough

*The pair walk through Girl 1's front Garden towards his car*

Next scene: The pair are sitting opposite each other in the restaurant, accompanied with drinks.

*Looking at the menus*

Girl 1:  So, do you know what you're going to order yet?

Girl 1's date: Erm.... I haven't really decided yet... but the ____ sounds nice...

*Camera focuses on his phone behind the menu, he is texting Girl 2 Her address, where the spare key is and how much time she has.*

Girl 1: Oh Yes, that sounds good actually! I think I might have the ____

Girl 1's date: That sounds really nice!

*Girl 2 is then sitting in a car outside Girl 1's house, looks at the text message again, texts him saying 'I'm here', puts her hoodie up, gets out the car and walks towards her front door and opens it.*

*Girl 1's date's phone vibrates, he checks his phone, and his sense of guilt is shown on camera until he is quickly distracted from Girl 1 asking..*

Girl 1: Are you okay?

Girl 1's date: *smiles* Couldn't be better.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images